Yikes, week 12 is over!
This is a big milestone because it represents the approximate midpoint of a 6-month period.
I’m not planning any broader rumination on where I am and where I want to go for this retro,
but it’s on my goals for the week to think about it more.
Goal Report Card
||Able to actually collect money on placecard.me
||Some marketing plans for placecard.me
||Add project/portfolio page to website
||One more blog (monetization test?) drafted or shipped
||Continue pushing on freelancing conversation
- Place Card Me is now collecting payments! Well, you know, if anyone were interested in paying it would be…
For all the time that I put this off I actually was able to end-to-end everything in less than a day. Stripe is pretty great.
- I thought a fair bit about marketing but didn’t execute very much.
- Been meaning to add a portfolio page to this site the help boost my freelance presence. Didn’t get around to this.
- Wrote and shipped an update on testing pricing.
- Have a number of conversations in flight though nothing concrete in place beyond that. Also started doing a tiny bit of contract work for Dimagi
a side effect of which is a video tutorial series about CommCare.
Week 12 time breakdown
Place cards are back on top in a big way and everything here actually looks pretty good to me.
Rare and nice to look back on a week feeling like I prioritized correctly.
My place card marketing exploration took me to the Cape Town Wedding Expo!
It was a strange event that mostly reinforced how out-of-place I feel in the wedding industry.
But it was fun and interesting nonetheless.
Here’s a shot of Ro trying to help me gear up for marketing—something that ended up not really happening
due to scary signs triggering a fear of being kicked out and sued.
The world continues to expect and work against marketers!