The sabbatical is over!
Okay, not exactly, but today is my very first day being back at Dimagi part time in my new role. Which feels like a big deal.
I’m not totally sure whether this is going to end up feeling like a huge change in my life or just a slight tweak on the rhythm I’ve established in the last 7 months. Hoping it’s the latter, but time will tell.
Either way, it should be an interesting week.
Place Card Stats
Another record week with 16 sales and just under $22 in revenue. This week I experimented by making the two free designs now cost $1 and ~doubling the prices of all the other designs (to $1.95). Thus far I would call the experiment a success, as sales actually went up! Planning on leaving prices here for a bit to try and establish a new norm before tweaking (aka raising) again.
Goal Report Card
I think this might be my very first set of straight A’s since college.
|#||Project / Area||Goal||Grade|
|1||Place cards||3 Designs, Double prices + ditch free templates||A|
|2||Writing||Spend 4 hours on anything||A|
|3||Make/Ship Stuff||Chat Stats||A-|
|4||Generate Revenue||Continue pushing / working on freelancing engagements||A|
- Added three more designs and made the pricing changes I mentioned above. Also cleaned up some code and introduced a few bugs (that I quickly fixed) in the process.
- Wrote and published SEO for Developers, and it’s gotten a decent amount of traction/shares! Also received a few thank yous which is always nice.
- I wanted to try and launch one last project before returning to Dimagi. Unfortunately, I didn’t quite make it, but I think I got it close enough that I’ll be able to get it over the hump soon.
- All good.
Definitely the most I’ve ever worked in a week in the last seven months (almost 60 hours of “work” stuff).
A few contributing factors:
- I think I wanted to test that I’d be able to juggle my new workload without dropping sabbatical stuff before my first week back.
- My wife is traveling which meant my social calendar was less busy this weekend.
- I had a lot of fun building chat stats.
Will be interesting to see what this looks like next week!
Checked out a new museum in town—the building is quite stunning!