Goal Report Card
|#||Project / Area||Goal||Grade|
|1||Chrome Extension||Landing page, Post to Product Hunt||A-|
|2||Place cards||Next A/B test, content tweaks, maintenance||B+|
|3||Writing||Ship a blog, draft another||C|
|5||Make / Ship Stuff||Chrome landing page + portfolio||B|
|6||Generate Revenue||balls in air + portfolio page||A|
- Made a landing page for Photos New Tab and tried to get someone to post it to Product Hunt, but haven’t heard back from them yet.
- First A/B test on the landing page was a big success (increased conversions to the card maker by ~40%). Running #2 now. Didn’t get to much of the other stuff.
- Shipped my four-month retro post. Failed to write anything else.
- Continued failed efforts writing about code. Am not quite sure why I’m struggling to start this one properly.
- Just a few static web pages for Photos New Tab and my portfolio.
- I had been meaning to make a portfolio page for a long time and finally did that. Still need to add lots to it, but gives me a foundation and can now send future possible freelance clients there.
Here’s how I hoped to allocate my time at the beginning of the week:
|Project||Time||~Hours / Week|
|Make / Ship Stuff||20%||8|
And here’s the actuals:
I’d say I did decent with the time allocation with the exception of spending 20% on django stuff, which also helps explain the lack of progress.
I did intentionally focus on chrome and writing this week since those were the things that were short-changed last week. Perhaps I overcompensated and am now just see-sawing.
This week’s instagram is just a snapshot from daily life in Cape Town—a flock of birds I ran into (literally) with Lion’s Head in the background. Can you spot all the guinea fowl hiding amongst the pigeons?
Heads up: next week I’m taking a bunch of “time off” (I know…) so might be a quieter/less productive one.