Goal Report Card
||Project / Area
||Landing page, Post to Product Hunt
||Next A/B test, content tweaks, maintenance
||Ship a blog, draft another
||Make / Ship Stuff
||Chrome landing page + portfolio
||balls in air + portfolio page
- Made a landing page for Photos New Tab and tried to get someone to post it to
Product Hunt, but haven’t heard back from them yet.
- First A/B test on the landing page was a big success (increased conversions to the card maker by ~40%). Running #2 now.
Didn’t get to much of the other stuff.
- Shipped my four-month retro post. Failed to write anything else.
- Continued failed efforts writing about code. Am not quite sure why I’m struggling to start this one properly.
- Just a few static web pages for Photos New Tab and my portfolio.
- I had been meaning to make a portfolio page for a long time and finally did that.
Still need to add lots to it, but gives me a foundation and can now send future possible freelance clients there.
Here’s how I hoped to allocate my time at the beginning of the week:
||~Hours / Week
|Make / Ship Stuff
And here’s the actuals:
Week 17 time breakdown
I’d say I did decent with the time allocation with the exception of spending 20% on django stuff,
which also helps explain the lack of progress.
I did intentionally focus on chrome and writing this week since those were the things that were short-changed last week.
Perhaps I overcompensated and am now just see-sawing.
This week’s instagram is just a snapshot from daily life in Cape Town—a flock of birds I ran into (literally) with Lion’s Head
in the background. Can you spot all the guinea fowl hiding amongst the pigeons?
Heads up: next week I’m taking a bunch of “time off” (I know…) so might be a quieter/less productive one.